Friday, April 29, 2011

Lovely

Today was actually pretty nice. I woke up early to watch the royal wedding of William and Kate before I went to work. Kate looked gorgeous! Her dress was very elegant and had just a touch of Grace Kelly-esque with the lace sleeves. I liked how it had a modern sweetheart cut with the scalloped lace v-neck. It was designed by Sarah Burton from Alexander McQueen. It was said that she also did her own hair and make-up. It was very natural and not too over the top.


It was such a beautiful fairytale wedding. I'm glad I was able to see most of it before I went to work. All the main news networks started coverage at 4 am, but that was far too early to get up!  Kate arrived at Westminster Abbey at exactly 6 am our time. Prince William kept his back turned to her while she walked down the aisle for good luck. When he finally saw her, you could read his lips say, "you look beautifull". They really are an attractive couple and they looked so in love today. Later, when William and Kate appeared on the balcony of Buckingham Palace, they kissed not once, but twice before thousands of people.





I'm not particularly in love with her bouquet, but I loved the way this picture captured the flowers, her hands, the rings, the lace and the tiny white buttons on her sleeves.




The historic two kisses on the balcony


Kate's reception dress, also designed by the Alexander McQueen house



Now for a few hats from some of the wedding guests...


Queen Elizabeth II in the prettiest of yellows







Some of the fascinators were kind of cute




Princess Beatrice looks somewhat frightening here... not to mention the hat...

This picture of Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie isn't quite as bad


Now, it's much later, and the day is nearly over. I had a nice dinner with my Mom and Mike. After everything was all cleaned up my Mom and I sat down and she wrote in the book she gave me for Christmas. It's a book filled with all types of questions for her to fill out. Questions about her childhood, marriage, friends, family etc. I did read what she wrote so far. She told me some of the stories she wrote have never been told so a few were emotional.

Yesterday I found an interesting book on the free table at work. I started reading it and couldn't put it down. I've been kind of busy tonight so I haven't gotten a chance to continue. I know I'll have time to read after I'm done posting because Ben got out of work at nine, but is going to a co-workers going away party after work. If it goes like last time he'll be drinking and I probably won't see him after. That's alright, I just worry about him drinking when he has so far to drive. The last thing I want to do is tell him he can't go out and have fun, because I want him to. Maybe I'm just a fuddy duddy, I don't know. I do admire how outgoing he is. I've always been a loner and never had many friends. I think I'm very socially awkward. No matter how hard I try to be more outgoing and friendly, it makes no difference. It's such a struggle for me in some social situations. Especially if there is a greater ratio of people I don't know at whatever event I may be at. I guess I'm afraid of what people will think of me.

Well, I am going out with the girls from work tomorrow afternoon for a going away get-together kind of thing for the one girl who's last day is Monday. I am friends with all the ones who are going at least. There are a few girls at work who I'm glad aren't going. I guess they're just not in our 'clique' haha. It will be nice to get out for a little bit. Maybe I can work on being more social? That won't really be a problem around them, because they already accept me for the weirdo I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment